Congratulations on your little one and thank you so much for booking your session with me.
I feel so blessed and honored to be able to cuddle these little ones in their first days of life.
Below you will find some information on what to expect and what to do before your session. If you have any questions at all feel free to contact me.
Do not stress on these instructions, if you are not able to do them then we will go with the flow. These are simply suggestions to make your session go as smoothly as possible. At the end of the day I want you to be happy, stress free, and love your experience with me.
What should I do before my session?
-Try to keep baby up an hour to two hours before your session. This ensures baby is going to be sleepy for the session.
- Make sure to eliminate any caffeine or spicy food 48 hours before your session. Caffeine and spicy food can make baby fussy or hard to settle.
- Put baby in something easy to take off. A zip up or button up onesie works best.
- Please bring a bottle of pumped breast milk or formula if you are able. This helps top baby off if they need it during a pose. We will have time during the session to stop and nurse or feed baby. This is why full newborn sessions are 2-3 hours long. It gives for time to feed baby and to get them asleep.
- Please bring a pacifier (preferably the soothie pacifier the hospital provided, they won’t leave marks.) Even if you haven’t used one yet or baby doesn’t seem to take to it, just for the 2-3 hours that I’m posing baby it can really help. If you don’t happen to have one, I keep unopened soothies here in the studio. However if you really prefer that we don’t use one, that is fine as well.
- Day of feed baby really well before leaving the house so that when you get here baby is ready to go.
- My studio is going to be nice and warm so babe sleeps well. Wear light loose fitting clothing or in layers if the heat bothers you. I will have my front lounge room cooled where you can hang out if you'd like. If you take a cat nap on my couch it wouldn't be the first time.
- I do have snacks and drinks for parents as well as siblings.
- If you are planning on parent photos, a simple white or neutral colored top will be perfect (black works, too!) I do love photographing the connection between you and your baby! The sweet looks and touches are my favorite to capture. Even if you don’t think you want a photo with you and your baby, please do reconsider. For the most part, parent shots are taken chest up and take just a few minutes. They are only little for a little while. If you do decide to have parent and/or family photos, please be sure that your nails are manicured (nothing fancy, just not chipped polish ideally.) Your hands will be in the photos.
- I typically photograph siblings (and parents) at the end of the photo session. It works best for siblings to arrive then, vs staying for the entire session, but I can accommodate your family’s needs.
- Just like for you, simple is better for clothing! I will wrap baby up in a coordinating color to look best with the family.
- My studio is located on my property at my home in Old Sunnyside across the street from the Sunnyside Country Club. 1310 S. Phillip Ave Fresno, CA 93727
- A bathroom is available in my studio. I do have lots of baby items and bathroom personal items just in case you forget anything.
- I do have a variety of snacks and drinks for you to enjoy during your session.